[Klug-general] The most secure Linux laptop in the world

Laurence Southon laurence at southon.uk.net
Tue Nov 27 21:07:44 GMT 2007

Stephen Ryan wrote:
> Hi Stephen, from near Hythe in Kent here. Just joined KLUG.
>
> I am on a mission to find the most secure (yet functional) Linux distro in
> the world.

Welcome to this mailing list - I usually just lurk here.

As others have pointed there is no such thing as the most secure, and
security is anyway relative. It is about understanding and dealing with
risks, there is no absolute security.

Even if there was such a distro, one misconfiguration by *you* could
immediately open it up to a security risk.

Don't spend time looking for this holy grail. Spend your time learning
about Linux - choose your distro according to your practical needs - and
how to configure it and maintain it to reduce security risks.

Good luck!

Laurence Southon