[Klug-general] Linux to offer a paradigm-shift in computer security

George Prowse cokehabit at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 11:36:04 GMT 2007

Karl Lattimer wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 10:13 +0000, Karl Buckland wrote:
>> Stephen Ryan wrote:
>>> thanks to all for the constructive advice and for some small pokes in
>>> the eye.
>> But anyway, it's all very good saying that a new perspective on security
>> is needed - what would that change be? If anyone had any good ideas on
>> that front then we might already be reaping the benefits...
>
> Ban email, ban internet explorer. You've just cut out 99% of virus
> attack vectors.
>
> K,

Ban anyone under 21 and you have near enough 100%

Anyway Stephen, I think you are thinking cross purposes, any system
isn't inherently secure it is *always* only as secure as the person
making it secure.  For instance, everyone here (because it is a linux
list) will tell you that windows is insecure but windows can be just as
secure as linux in the right hands, it's just that out-of-the-box it's
security is a pile of shit.

George