[Klug-general] Dartford meeting in November?

Margot margot at lawrence1961.f9.co.uk
Mon Oct 1 19:24:18 BST 2007

On Saturday we tentatively discussed using the Dartford venue again
in November, and also the possibility of holding installfests at
various venues around Kent.

Maybe the first installfest could be Dartford in November? I've
received this newsletter from Mandriva, and we could get lots of
free goodies to use - and we wouldn't necessarily have to do it on
17 November, we could use our usual date of 24 November:

> Mandriva Linux 2008 will be released soon! In order to celebrate this
> event, to bring Linux to new users and present the new features
> available in Mandriva Linux 2008, Mandriva would like to coordinate a
> worldwide Installfest on November 17th, 2007.
>
> Expert Mandriva Linux users are invited to assist beginners to help
> them get started with the operating system. Participants will be able
> to get help on installing Mandriva Linux 2008 on their laptop or
> desktop, get all answers to their questions and meet other Linux users.
>
> If you would like to hold an install party in your country, please
> contact lugs at mandrivalinux.org and we will send send you:
>
>   * Mandriva Linux One 2008
>   * stickers
>   * posters
>   * pens
>   * electronic communication kit
>
> Check out all the information on Mandriva Community wiki :
> http://wiki.mandriva.com/en/Community/Events/Installfest2008
>
> If you have any question concerning the event, do not hesitate to
> contact us at lugs at mandrivalinux.org.
>
> The Mandriva Team

Any thoughts?

--