[Klug-general] KLUG Venue

james snyder james.snyder at linuxmail.org
Thu Oct 4 19:36:26 BST 2007

VENUE ALERT FOR KLUG
I am doing a Postgraduate ICT course full time at www.canterbury.ac.uk
There is a room booking database for which I have access.
The Resources office is responsible for rooming at Canterbury, Chatham & Tunbridge Wells from Mon-Fri, Tel 01227782280
and they help with room booking & queries.
My library in Canterbury is open Saturdays and has WiFi connection & nearby coffee machines.
Therefore I propose that with the help of President Colin the Technician we coordinate a KLUG meeting at this venue opportunity.
Furthermore I have started a computer programming club at my first work placement at Maidstone Grammar School (Barton Road, Maidstone) & one of their Admins uses SLED Linux, so I am going to investigate room potential there for us until February.
I am confident that we could meet up on Christchurch Canterbury University campus on the pretext of Linux for Education.
Any thoughts, feedback and support in helping me negotiate this now is welcome.
Email JIM: james.snyder at linuxmail.org