[Klug-general] Mandriva Installfest [WAS Dartford meeting in November?]

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 21:58:43 BST 2007

On 10/8/07, George Prowse <cokehabit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Mike Rentell wrote:
> >

> > George Prowse wrote:

> the

> >> Yeah, but no- actually *uses* Mandriva anymore :p
> >>

> > Er - actually I have used it for nearly 10 years in all its evolutions
> > and find it the easiest and best for business use.
> >
> > I'm not a fundi on Linux, just quite experienced in the actual use of
> it.
> >
> > Mandriva is fine for my purposes. I just wish I could get to the
> > meeting, but unfortunately not this time.
> >
> > MikeR
> >
> It was only a joke. You don't tend to hear about many users today
> though. 4 years ago there were loads, I was one of them. I suppose it is
> because it is the main french distro

After speaking to Margot, we have decided not to go ahead with the idea of
an instalfest in Dartford on 17th November.  It was a great idea, however
the interest within the KLUG was not as great as we expected or needed if
the event was to go ahead and be successful.

Holding an instalfest is a good idea, and hopefully with some advanced
planning and increased interest one can be organized someplace in the county
next year.

Colin