[Klug-general] Dartford Meeting - Saturday 29th September

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 20:02:58 BST 2007

So the Dartford meeting on Saturday 29th September is going ahead.  I have
heard from the venue and they are expecting us, so they will have the kettle
on ready.  Unlike Rochester it will be BYOB (Bring your own Biscuits).

Normally our meetings start around 10am to 11am. The locals of us seem to
like 10am starts and the further outers seem to like 11am.  So we'll go with
a 10.30am start to be in the middle :-)  That ok with everyone?

As for the topics or activities during the meeting, this venue it
unfortunately without internet so difficult to do installing/configuring
workshops.  We will have a screen and projector and Jim (I believe) is going
to do a presentation and tell us all about the recent LinuxConference in
Cambridge.  It will be interesting to hear what went on, who was there and
any new cool stuff demo'ed.

So if anyone has a suggestion for another 'activity' for this meeting please
post your suggestions or offer to do say a 'tech talk' on SSH or XZY.  XZY
being anything, not sure if XYZ is actually already something.

It would also be good if people can reply to this thread saying is they are
coming or not, so we can if needed swap mobile numbers to guide you into the
meeting place just in case in the Dartford oneway and now twoway system
swallows you up.

Meeting venue details
http://www.kent.lug.org.uk/klug/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=32here

See you there