[Klug-general] gtk-config

Mike Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Sun Sep 23 12:53:02 BST 2007

G'day all,

I thought I would install fsv (file system visualiser) so that I can
squeak 'This is UNIX! I know this.' when being stalked by dinosaurs.

I downloaded the package and unpacked it and after invoking ./configure
it ran on OK for a bit then failed with:

checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.1... no
*** The gtk-config script installed by GTK could not be found
*** If GTK was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
*** your path, or set the GTK_CONFIG environment variable to the
*** full path to gtk-config.
configure: error: Cannot find proper GTK+ version

I have got /usr/lib/gtk-2.0 on board and as the source is dated 1999 I
wondered if that would be a problem.

A complete search of my PC does not reveal gtk-config

I would like to get this toy working just as a Sunday amusement but that
has baffled me.

Any advice would be welcome.

MikeR