[Klug-general] Canterbury Meeting synopsis

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 20:44:50 GMT 2008

Hi all.  I thought it would be a good idea to fill everyone in on our
meeting that took place on Saturday 23rd February.

We had very a successfully meeting at Canterbury Christ Church University
even with a slight problem with our room booking. But thanks to a friendly,
and trusting, Senior Security Officer we were given a room.  And a very nice
room it was, a mini lecture theater with a projector, but unfortunately no
internet.

The 12 people to attend were Dan, Toni Oly, Colin, Mike, Paul, Peter, John,
Nathan, Karl, Rich and Andrew.

Dan did a very good and well received talk about Drupal which runs the KLUG
website. Dan showed everyone how to add content to the site and we had a
discussion regarding what content to put up there. We also discovered an
uncapitalised 'i' bug in Drupal :-) A feature to be added to the website is
a 'Planet' which will aggregate everyone's personal blogs into one page. And
now everyone knows how to install and administer Drupal, it should be easy
for people to set up their own blogs.

Karl gave us a quick overview of KDE4 with it's Dolphin file manager and its
'Vista Sidebar-ish' Widgets.

Andrew gave us a quick overview of seamless windows in Virtual Box that was
running on his eeePC.

We also thought of suggestions for other TechTalks that people would like to
hear or present to the KLUG.
Details will be posted on the website regarding this soon.

Hope everyone enjoyed the meeting.  Only 34 days to the next one.

Colin