[Klug-general] PC builder recommentation

Mike Evans mike at tandem.f9.co.uk
Wed Jan 2 21:00:10 GMT 2008

I remember a while back someone mentioning that they had a new PC built
for them by someone and recommended them.

I'm currently torn between going down to PC World and getting something
cheap but up to date with Vista on it (Yeurg!  But at least I would have
a fall-back.) and then fighting with whatever hardware choices they
made, or custom building a machine.  I'm not looking for ultimate power.
  The spec is probably more like a media PC in that I want it to be
reasonably quick, have enough graphics capability to be able to watch
DVDs on a good size monitor (min 23" but larger if poss), fit in the
space I have (which means flat rather than tower) and be silent or
nearly so.

I've been looking at various components available.  However it's been so
long since I did that level of hardware that I don't know my Northgates
from my Southgates any more.

Any recommendations for either kit or someone who is up on these things
to advise me gratefully accepted.

Mike