[Klug-general] [OT] Bill Gates: the last day at Microsoft

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Thu Jan 10 16:36:10 GMT 2008

> Every businessman wants a monopoly that makes money. If you want ethics
> then big business is not for you.

And here we go with a complete fallacy...

How many grocery store owners want a monopoly? They want fair
competition.

Businessmen generally don't want a monopoly they just want clients which
pay them so they get paid and so they can grow their business.

I think you should stop speaking for "Every businessman" until you at
the very least actually own one successful business. Oh but please
remember that monopolistic behavior is actually ILLEGAL! You're
essentially condoning breaking the law here.

FYI:

Novell - big company, not monopolistic, doesn't want to be monopolistic
Sun - big company, not monopolistic, doesn't want to be monopolistic
etc...

K,