[Klug-general] [OT] Bill Gates: the last day at Microsoft

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Fri Jan 11 16:08:50 GMT 2008

On Fri, 2008-01-11 at 15:36 +0000, George Prowse wrote:
> Karl Buckland wrote:
> > Karl Lattimer wrote:

> >> This is where I draw the line, I cannot on one hand have respect for
> >> someone for one thing, then despise them for another. They are either
> >> worthy of respect or not, and if you unbalance the equation too far in
> >> one direction you loose that.
> >>

> > I don't remember saying I despise anything? I think it's perfectly fair
> > to respect someone/something, even if you disagree with it. If my boss
> > makes a decision I disagree with I can still respect it.
> >
> Which is exactly what I was saying before Orange messed up my internet,
> you can dislike Bill Gates' business practices but can you also dislike
> Bill Gates the family man? What about Bill Gates the philanthropist?

Hmm, that's like saying people with MPD should only be locked up when
one of their bad personalities comes out. Its easy to dislike the man
for his behaviour regardless of what he's done. BTW I'm sure Hitler was
a brilliant dad, hardly makes up for it though, and hardly means he
garners my respect!

K,