MS-Bashing (was Re: [Klug-general] Bill Gates made Frankenstein Software Industry)

Alan Pope alan at popey.com
Thu Jan 17 09:26:45 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jan 16, 2008 at 07:47:40PM +0000, Dan Attwood wrote:
> Ok guys please stop changing the titles of posts.

Er. It's generally considered best practice to change the subject line of
posts when the subject matter changes. This is normal behaviour.

> But please have the curtsy not to change the subject lines so that people
> who don't care to follow these long posts can at least block them out.

Maybe your mail client is duff in that it's threading only based on subject
and not by the more usual methods of looking at the "in reply to" header
lines.

My mail client has the mail you replied to threaded nicely under the other
mails.

Cheers,
Al.