[Klug-general] KLUG - Karoshi Doc Project

nic dan dungeons88 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 28 15:41:23 BST 2008

hi
re: 'I think that there is maybe a bigger issue to start with though which
how are people supposed to be collecting the information to use in the
documentation? The only way i can think of doing this at the moment is
via Vms  which means people are going to need machines with enough
grunt to run a small vm networ or spare machines.'

a suggestion is something like this:-

http://uploadhosted.filefront.com/
http://www.huddle.net/
http://rapidshare.com/index.html

there are many free upload sites, it doesn't have to be any of these, rapidshare has ssl - most are at least 1/2gb/10hr upload limit [they aren't fast] with unlimited storage

all that's needed is for someone to set one up, & notify everyone of the site link, and ensure both upload/download status for users of a named friends group, rather than public access & if only docs or similar won't be large files, but they are free
just my 2 pen'orth

I'd favour a wiki on the klug server, though, then maybe blogspaces could be setup for demos/articles of interest/howtos etc

Aitch