[Klug-general] KLUG - Karoshi Doc Project

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 11:30:42 BST 2008

Last nights meeting regarding our Karoshi Documentation Project (KDP) went
well.  Those involved were MikeEvans, Spode, Sirkent, naxxtor,  MacGyveR,
SlimeyPe1e, Katje and Colin.  The IRC Log can be provided for those
interested.

Below are the Agenda points we covered and decisions made underneath in red
(sorry for those who hate HTML email)

1)  What's the end result we're aiming for?
       a) Produce a clear and well structured wiki,
       b) transform that into web pages or PDF documentation

2)  What's the process for getting there?
      a) Install MediaWiki on KentLUG.org

2a: The idea of using our own wiki as an intermediate step seemed to meet
with general favour.  If we go for this approach, which Wiki, who's going to
install it?

      a)Everyone voted for MediaWiki and MacGyver kindly offered to install
it on KentLug.org
      b)Scratch area on the wiki for bug reports, comments and suggestions

2b: What other resources do we need? Is the demo Nathan pointed us to
enough.  Is it a good first step.  Should we pursue the idea of a VM Karoshi
network, and can we practically do that on our existing server? This will be
reviews after we have seen the Karoshi demo at Dover Grammar School

Is IRC the best discussion forum? It is for now.  No real need for voice.

Is it worth going through the pain of setting up a voice conference? (If we
do it regularly then maybe we wouldn\'t have the technical hurdles every
time.)

MikeEvans: "'I think we could try mumble for fun, but let's assume IRC, the
occasional thread on our existing mailing list and a notes section on the
wiki will be enough for now then"

Next meeting is scheduled for Wednesday 10th September at 20.00. This has
been posted on the website.
2c: What are the steps?  Can someone suggest/create an outline structure
that we can start to fill in?  Then what steps of editing, cross
referencing, tidying up etc do we need to get to the final deliverable?

Colin will make a list of all the Karoshi parts and services and also list
what has already been documented by Karoshi.

Once the wiki is live on kentlug.org we will start documenting our process
of creating the documentation and people can signup/volunteer for roles.

Colin