[Klug-general] Is the worm slowly turning?

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Tue Jun 10 10:53:46 BST 2008

> I appreciate that where threads involving myself and you are concerned
> there is something of a history, and thus I tolerate your abusive, rude,
> insulting behaviour. However, here you are attacking someone who from
> what I can tell has not got a history of such things.

As I tollerate your constant opposition to everything I say.

> I think calling him a "fucking idiot!" on a first time offense is going
> abit far.

I apologise for that, but when I get up first thing in the morning after
I've tried to stop an argument going further and someone is still trying to
have a go at me, before my mind is in gear I reacted.

However I feel as if there is a core of people on this list who will,
regardless of what I say intend to attack me. Making the statement that the
aim of the discussion was to prove me wrong is the wrong direction to take
a discussion in. The discussion was originally on another subject, and the
anally retentive without the bigger picture in mind picked up on minor
issues and ran with them.

Its time people start to read the content, rather than the things they
disagree with. There is no need to argue the toss over someone elses
opinion, they are opinions after all and we're allowed to have them. I can
argue my opinion if someone wants to contradict it, but continuing to
contradict, then make out that it is your intention to argue with someone,
is not conducive to a productive discussion.

I was actually hoping to discuss the miriad of MIDs and other devices
utilising Linux and making the worm turn, however the discussion was
highjacked by people who simply want an argument. And not even an important
argument, but an argument about opinions which can depending on your point
of view be valid either way.

BR,
 K,