[Klug-general] Re: Help with Linux TV Server (Myth) Needed?

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 09:23:47 BST 2008

2008/6/16 Karl Buckland <karl at digital-end.com>:
> Hi Peter,
>
> I'm glad you found a solution. Myth can deal with cards with multiple tuners
> - I have a Hauppauge DVB-T-500 and that has 1 input and two tuners. I guess
> it depends more on the driver than anything else though, right?
>
> Could you not write a startup script to automate those commands? I don't
> know enough about udev to be able to answer your question...

That might be the quicker answer, In theory you can write a udev rule
to do this but I'm note sure how.... I'm sure ln -s is not the right
command!

Its not that the machine has multiple tuner its that it has a tuner
with a multiple frontends ie 1 tuner that that can be a satellite
tuner or a freeview tuner just not both at the same time. So Myth has
to have some "knowledge" of this fact to know thats its an either, or
but not both at once.

Hence Myth needs to know about the second tuner front end and also
know that it can't use both front ends at once..... From what I read
myth handles multiple tuners as they appear as separate adapters even
when on the same device.

I don't like having to recompile v4l to get it working :(

Regards

Peter
PS has the mailing list been having some problems over the weekend?