[Klug-general] hard drive image

Karl Buckland karl at digital-end.com
Mon Jun 16 15:49:38 BST 2008

If you want to make an exact copy of the partition then I'd recommend the
GParted Live CD: http://gparted-livecd.tuxfamily.org/
It will copy, resize, move a variety of partitions. It's quick and I've
always found it reliable.

Alternatively, if all you're after is a backup, then just copy your files.
There's nothing stopping you from copying all the files to a new hard drive,
installing Grub (or whatever boot manager you have) and then away you go.
Obviously make sure all attributes of those files (permissions!) remain the
same.

Karl