[Klug-general] This Saturdays tech talk

Dan Attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 26 19:11:12 BST 2008

Hi Kluggers

I apploigse for the slightly late nature of this email.

This Saturdays tech talk by Jim Synder will be an intro to bash using the
Linuxgym learning package available at linuxgym.com. 9by the will of the
proxy gods)

Linux gym requires vmplayer or server in order to run and so it would be
great if people could come with vmware pre installed on their laptops.

For those without the bandwidth, or who hit problems, I will make sure that
I have copies of linuxgym, vmware server and player available on CD.

Ubuntu/ deb based users will need to build-essentials and the kernel headers
as well in order to install vmware - sudo apt-get install build-essentials
linux-headers-`uname -r`

I'm not sure of the requirements for RPM based systems but I will make sure
I have the rpm versions on the cd

Dan