[Klug-general] Setting Boot Flag

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Tue Mar 4 15:26:09 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-04 at 15:13 +0000, Andrew Miller (Spode) wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Bit stuck here, and hoping someone has the information stuck in their
> heads somewhere. Been Googling for a good hour.
>
> In a Linux script I'm writing, I need it to be able to set the boot flag
> on a partition. Which means no interactivity. I know how I could do this
> with parted, but the minimal distro I'm using doesn't have it standard.
> I have fdisk and mkfs.ext3.

BTW, as the last email probably highlights, you probably shouldn't refer
to it as a "Linux script", I mean we're not using BATCH or some such,
its sh or bash or zsh or tcsh etc... generally you should use sh for
compatibility with older unix, and bash because its slightly more sane.

PS anyone suggesting Perl shall be redirected toward the perl6
documentation... Think you know perl? not anymore

K,