[Klug-general] Virtualbox woes

Dan Attwood danattwood at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 6 19:57:42 GMT 2008

after the discussion at the last meeting about virtualbox I decided to give
usb support another go.

I followed the various info on spodes site and on several other resources
and soon add usb support running and was was happily mixed some banging
tunes on with my usb mixer in propellerheads reason running in seamless mode
on windows xp.

and then I rebooted

oh dear

Now I get a message at boot time telling me that alsa failed to start. Then
when I get into gnome sound in totem doesn't work - the volume slider is
even greyed out. Sound in amarok is fine though. To add insult to injury the
usb support stopped work as well.

Anyone got any bright ideas?