[Klug-general] Ashford Venue

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 13:01:45 GMT 2008

On 3/10/08, Andrew Miller (Spode) <spode at thinkbikes.com> wrote:

> I'm getting confirmation this evening, but the 31st as an Ashford venue
> is looking fine.

This is for our May meeting right? Saturday 31st May.

For anyone who doesn't know - it's a warehouse that is directly opposite
> from Ashford International train station. So plenty of parking, and
> chairs/tables, kettle, fridge, power.

I will make lots of longish network cables for the KLUG to use. We have
kilometeres of reals at school.

As soon as the replacement MOSFET arrives, I will have a handy portable
> projector. And Karl (Buckland) and I have collected a wireless router
> and switch together, that will be deemed set aside for LUG meetings.

I can also borrow a projector and screen if needed.

The only thing we will be lacking is internet. If anyone fancies the
> challenge of using 3G/HSDPA on their phone and setting up a gateway, not
> only would this be something good to do as a group, it could be used at
> future events :)

I have a 3G phone which is 'supposed' to be able to be connected to a
computer, but I have never even got it to work on XP let alone Linux.
I'll try some 'googling' and see if it's really possible.
Colin