[Klug-general] KLUG Project

Mike Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 12 16:28:30 GMT 2008

Kevin Groves wrote:
> GNUCash uses Scheme. I've had a bit of a play as I needed to make
> somechanges to the invoice module. That's do able. I find it very handy
> and even got methods of getting it to do my VAT returns with ease.
>
> Kev,

I would be happy to get involved with something with gnucash. I have
over 20 years experience as the secretary and latterly as the treasurer
of an international association and I would love to have a bespoke
membership management and full accountancy suite of programs for Linux.
I am sure the availability of such an application would cause many other
such people to make the change to Linux.

It seems to me that the bulk of the accountancy has been done in
gnucash, even though it is a bit American, it just needs a bit of tweaking.

However, I am also  aware that last comment is probably the beginning of
heart thuddings amongst project managers. Most users believe things just
need a bit of tweaking don't they?  :-)

MikeR