[Klug-general] SSL bug

Andrew Miller (Spode) spode at thinkbikes.com
Thu May 22 10:56:17 BST 2008

I'm running Ubuntu Server 8.04 and I did an update as soon as I heard about
the fix. It *automatically* regenerated new keys for me. I just had to
remove my server from my known_hosts file in order to login.

Sure, it's a big issue - but did anyone actually exploit it? To be patched
up before anyone has actually exploited it is pretty good. Microsoft vuln.
are discovered and known for ages before repaired.

But, I have to admit, (play devils advocate), it would certainly shake my
confidence as an outsider...

Spode