[Klug-general] SSL bug

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Thu May 22 12:35:04 BST 2008

On Thu, 22 May 2008 12:25:57 +0100, J D Freeman <klug at quixotic.org.uk>
wrote:

> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 03:37:26AM -0400, Karl Lattimer wrote:
>>
>> JD, I just wanted to publicly say...
>>
>> MOST SECURE LINUX.
>>
>> LMFAO!!!!!!!!!
>>
>> You can now shut the fuck up.
>
> There is such a thing as a being a bad winner. You appear to be a very
> good example of it.
>
> Yes, it was a bug, yes its a pain. But Nearly every distro suffers from
> this sort of thing from time to time. Debian have been very open, very
> honest, and very quick to fix it.

Lol, firstly, distributions suffer from security bugs. This is currently
being described in the security community "The biggest security flaw in
history", this bug is a cryptographic bug, that's major, its not as simple
as a package update, it extends and perpetuates from debian. This isn't a
flaw, this is a MAJOR ISSUE!

I'd like to know exactly how debian were quick to fix it, the ripples of
this issue are still going now, debian don't have the money to pay for the
trouble they've caused! This issue isn't fixed yet, debian can't fix the
trouble they've caused, releasing a patch doesn't fix it, it prevents
further problems.

> So kindly curtail the exuberance of your verbosity, and reduce the
> offensiveness of your posts. There is no requirement at this point to be
> rood, and insulting.

Don't try to down play it, or try to be the "bigger person" after all of
the zealotry over debian you've extolled to me and others in the past.

Its time to put your tail between your legs, and say... EPIC FAIL.

btw, this isn't about winning or loosing, my ssh keys were vulnerable
because of umbongo therefore I lost, I just wanted to rub your face in all
of your past comments re debian.

K,