[Klug-general] SSL bug

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Thu May 22 13:10:25 BST 2008

On Thu, 22 May 2008 12:56:08 +0100, J D Freeman <klug at quixotic.org.uk>
wrote:

> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 07:54:10AM -0400, Karl Lattimer wrote:
>> Open and honest... yeah it doesn't go far with cryptographic issues, but
> it
>> ISN'T FIXED!
>>
>> It won't be fixed until all of those keys are gone.
>>

> Then go update some keys. Why not in the spirit of open source,
> volunteer to help others fix their keys, rather than bitching and
> moaning here.

Not bitching and moaning I'm laughing at you loud and publicly, debian has
destroyed its reputation by retarded changes.

First thing you learn about cryptography in any decent computer science
class;

 "Do not modify other peoples cryptographic routines. If they are known or
believed to be bug free, let them stay that way"

So... was the guy who caused the problem out of class that day?

K,

p.s. I'm especially laughing now because you continue to put your PGP sigs
on messages, they aren't worth shit anymore, and every signature sent in
the past is even worse, every encrypted message you've ever sent are belong
to us!