[Klug-general] SSL bug

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Thu May 22 19:21:48 BST 2008

As for evidence, I cannot provide substantial evidence as it is always a
matter of opinion, the opinion of myself and my colleagues concludes
that this is the biggest thing that's happened in computer security.

I think a large proportion of the security community agree with me, the
fact that you're trying to down play it makes you look like a fool.

You cannot get anything in concrete here, and you know it (or if you
don't you're truly retarded), which is why you're trying to goad me
further. The important point to remember here is that you cannot win, I
cannot win, this isn't a winnable argument. Its a statement of opinion
from both sides which can never result in resolution. You're a fool to
ask for evidence as evidence cannot be provided until a thorough
statistical analysis and risk assessment of previous security issues
comparative to this one is carried out. Neither of us have the time or
inclination to do this.

You should admit, this is a major issue, and debian is not in the clear.
and that this bug is so major that it has been referred to by some as
the biggest flaw in history, you might not agree, but there again, I
only mentioned that it is being referred to as such, I don't need to
cite them as the source of all human knowledge, just that that is the
opinion being expressed by some for which it is. From now on faith in
that distribution is dead. End of. You're continuing to flog a dead
horse and proved how single minded and zealotry driven you are by
continuing the argument.

Also, for your information the role of enigma in the second world war
was miniscule in comparison to those who fought and fell. No lives were
saved by the code being broken, only text that was read. It was how the
information was used that saved or destroyed lives. For the most part
the information was used poorly.

You should read up some more station X history, 80% of the transmissions
were useless, of the 20% that were useful only 5% were ever acted upon.

In fact I'd go so far as to say some of the inventions of my grandfather
(who worked on destroyers and I cannot discuss his work in a public
forum as it is covered by the OSA) probably did more to secure britains
victory than the collosus or the bombe. But there again, who is to say
that a victory for britain saved any lives. We did after all decimate
dresden, never mind the atom bomb strikes from the US. Then of course
you have the resultant british mandate for isreal which has probably
seen more lives of Palestinians and Jews than were executed in gas
chambers. If you want to discuss war, I can tell you a hell of a lot
more about the truth of WW2 than most people would be able to stomach.
You should maybe start with reading up about the Rothschild family.

> > Read your dictionary.
>
> I do.

Then you should know that opinion has one P

/end of argument,

K,