[Klug-general] SSL bug

nic dan dungeons88 at hotmail.com
Sat May 24 17:32:58 BST 2008

Hi wayne, everyone

"I would like to suggest we see how many people also feel this
 way and if so introduce a code of conduct, if on the other hand it's
 felt generally OK to carry on this way then so be it; I have at least
 made my feelings felt."

As a noobie to KLUG, I have a mailbox full of this, at the moment.................
Whilst it makes for a compelling saga, in the absence of TV's soaps, I hardly find myself likely to be made to feel welcome
I'm 60yrs old, not a prude, but really, I stopped the "who can piss farthest up the toilet wall" game, when I was about 13 or so
I was interested in meeting people who use linux, to learn from their experience, however it seems many of you could do with being a student of life, as you read like excerpts from "How to win friends & influence people - NOT"
Perhaps some of your UG members are that young & they know no better, or, that immature that they just like to see their name 'writ large' in the ennals of time, due to some insecurity of personality, rather than the software/hardware interface?
email is after all, a publication, yes?
Nothing better to say to each other, guys?
Maybe I joined the wrong club?
.........but then, you are the ONLY linux users group in Kent, so what's a chap supposed to do?

Have you seen this?

http://sevitz.com/2004/04/philosophy_for_beginners

Some of you could maybe do a blog instead, to continue in this vein, and leave the forum of emails for a more measured approach, for the benefit of 'watchers' and the time honoured tradition, common courtesy
A measure of humour wouldn't go amiss either, it's very dour

Thank you, kindly

Aitch