[Klug-general] SSL bug

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Sun May 25 14:35:09 BST 2008

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 1:22 AM, Karl Buckland <karl at digital-end.com> wrote:
> Perhaps this is something that can be brought up on the agenda for
> discussion at the Ashford meeting?

A discussion can definitely be added to the agenda for the Ashford
meeting.  The subject of a  KLUG code of conduct has been brought up
before, just never finalized or put on the website.

Anyone who has come to a meeting whether is was a technical or social
one, or if they were a new or old member would confirm that we are all
nice and pleasant people.  Karl and Julia are nice and pleasant
people, however new members probably just don't know that email
arguments like their recent one are a seasonal thing.  They happen
about once a year and like storms blow themselves out after a while.
I find it's best not to fuel them.  Just because you receive the email
does not mean you have to read it.  I just ignore and delete.  If
someone was on a 56K dial up I can understand that downloading 50
rubbish emails would be annoying, but with almost everyone on
broadband or having fast access at work, you wont notice the wasted
bandwidth.

While this recent email discussion might have tarnished people's view
of KLUG and these members, they are both very valued members.  Karl is
correct, I did threaten to resubscribe him if he left.  He may not be
in Kent anymore but he is still a member of KLUG and always the first
to offer people assistance to very technical questions, as show in
todays replies to a new thread.  Julia is also almost always on IRC
offering people advice, support and assistance with any technical and
not to technical problem.  They both provide more value to the list
and group than the lurkers.

Now that the storm is over, we can move on, and have a big group hug.
Just don't be surprised if one brews up again, which will probably be
about 'top posting' :-)

Colin