[Klug-general] Roll Call

james snyder james.snyder at linuxmail.org
Mon May 26 12:43:55 BST 2008

On Sunday 25 May 2008 21:43:58 kent-request at mailman.lug.org.uk wrote:

> I've been a silent lurker on this mailing list as of late, but I
> couldn't pass up this opportunity. :)

Me too, I couldn't have said it better myself.
I have de-lurked a couple of times at KLUG meetings, but, I'm sorry to say not
for some time :-(

> Me:
> Primary/Secondary/Tertiary/Quaternery(is this a word?)/VM
Yes Quaternery is a word.

OpenSuSE / Ubuntu / Any if the other *nix (Fedora) / XP / Haven't tried using
VM yet.

> Running Tally:
> Ubuntu - 3/3/0/1/1
> Fedora - 2/0/1/0
> Gentoo - 0/2/0/0
> Kubuntu - 1/0/0/0
> Debian - 1/1/0/0
> Xandros - 0/1/1/0
> SUSE - 2/0/0/1
> Solaris - 0/0/1/1
> Vista - 1/0/0/0
> XP - 1/0/0/3
> OSX - 0/1/2/0
> FreeBSD - 0/1/0/0

I have two machines, one desktop and one laptop both dual boot OpenSuSE and
XP. My girls use XP, (rarely I might add) for some of their Win Only games
and educational software

Maemo modified version of Debian GNU/Linux (running Linux 2.6.12) on Internet Tablets
Also using Kernel Version 2.6.25 on Desktop
I first joined KLUG just before the release of the Kernel version 2.6.18

James.Snyder at LinuxMail.org