[Klug-general] Give me an 'e' -> Pupeee/Puppy Dingo/meetings/intro

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Tue May 27 12:35:25 BST 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Karl Buckland <karl at digital-end.com> wrote:
> We simply meet wherever we can. The group has no financial side to it, so we
> rely on locations being offered up for free. Besides, Ashford is quite
> central in Kent, so you can easily travel wherever you happen to be.
>
> Karl

Hi Aitch

Karl is quite correct, we have no money and meet in locations that are
free.  Those being Ashford, Dover and Canterbury for the time being.
We also have a place in Dartford we can use however about 75% of
meeting attendees live in the south of the county and only about 4 of
us ever go to the Dartford meetings.

If you know of a free meeting location in the Medway Towns please let
me know and we'll arrange a meeting there.

I just visited the Sunlight Community Center in Gillingham and a
meeting room would cost £16 per hour there.  So if someone wants to
supposer us the £64 for a 4 hour meeting that would be great.  Either
that or it would cost us about £6 each for those that attended.

I am emailing Kent University at Medway asking if we can use a room,
but think those too would cost.

We can of course organize a Pub social meeting in Chatham/Gillingham.
Any suggestions of safe Pubs?

Colin

PS.  Charging for rooms or taking money can cause problems and
administration overhead, like officially having a treasurer and an
AGM, which we don't really want to do.