[Klug-general] September Meeting Synopsis

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 07:24:47 UTC 2008

Here is a brief synopsis of Saturdays meeting:

*Attendees*

Alan (delurking since being in Hampshire for a year)
Ray (new)
Blake
Jermey (new)
Dan
Nathan
Colin
Tom (new)
Alex (delurk)
Guillaume (new)

It was great to see 4 new people turn up and really hope they enjoyed the
meeting and will come again.  Also nice to see 2 old members delurk.

*Discussions*

We discussed the lug.org.uk webhosting situation and that we are now going
to host our own site on our Virtual Dedicated Server (VDS) which is provided
by www.contextshift.co.uk.

We discussed the pros and cons of static verses dynamic content and we
agreed to stick with static site and have wiki for dynamic content for the
time being.

We will also try use web services like www.huddle.net and our
www.facebook.com group where possible.

It was suggested that people speak to their local independent computer shops
and put up posters or supply flyers advertising about KLUG.  We will work to
add a flyer template to the website.

*Activities*

Many side conversations happened ranging from discussing programming to the
best OS for an eeePC.  Also Guillaume helped Dan try and fix his Grub
problem with Fedora and Ubuntu dual booting and Alex explained to us about
the solid state computer system he was working on for a shipping company.

*Next Meeting*

Our next meeting is planned for Saturday 25th October were we will attend
the Linux Live Expo in London.  Those interested in attending should
register on the website www.linuxliveexpo.co.uk.