[Klug-general] No eth0 - got me stumped!

George Prowse george.prowse at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 14:38:32 UTC 2008

Ok, it's not as if i'm a new user but something on Ubuntu on one of my
boxes has me stumped.

Like always, every distro tries to load up both 8139cp and 8139too
drivers for this system and it then fails in the dhcp step. All i do is
rmmod the cp and dhcpcd/dhclient eth0 and badda-bing! All working.

Anyway, this time this time there is no eth0 and no rmmod'ing,
modprobing and ifup'ing can make it appear.

Any ideas?

Also, can anyone tell me where the modules blacklist is/goes because i
remember in Gentoo I think it was in /etc/modules/autoload.d/blacklist
or something but that was ages ago.

George