[Klug-general] LPI Certification

Wayne browns.postbox at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 12:07:42 UTC 2008

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 15:33:29 +0100
Paul Littlefield <paul.littlefield at bigfoot.com> wrote:

> Hi Wayne
>
> I think that the LPI Certification is good. As you quite rightly say,
> there is no bias towards a particular distribution and the subjects
> they cover for study provide an excellent grounding for a Sysadmin.

Did you find your employer was aware of the qualification or was it
something you felt you just wanted to do?

I did a couple of MCP exams some years ago and felt at the time it
helped me get my first job in IT. Despite MS qualifications and
experience still seeming to be the main skill to have, at least in terms
of having the maximum chance in getting a job, my heart as it were, is
in Linux. I just wonder, how many IT companies recognise this as
a good standard when looking for prospective employee's?

> I am currently studying to take my 4th exam (LPIC-202) next week.
> After that, it's onto Level III...
>
> The place I go to to take the exam is in London, about 5 minutes from
> Charing Cross station. There are no centres in Kent.

Nice one, good luck with the exam!
It seems there is one place in Maidstone at least that I could use to
sit the exams which would be handy for me, thanks James.

> Please email me off list if you want to talk more or need info about
> study books, etc.

Thanks.

Regards,
Wayne.