[Klug-general] Next Saturday Meet?

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 17:42:04 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 5, 2008 at 5:52 PM, Andy Smith <andy at lug.org.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 05, 2008 at 05:44:01PM +0100, Karl Buckland wrote:
> Seeing as we've completely lost our Google presence, alternative hosting may
> be the way forward if they can't sort themselves out. It's ridiculous.
>> 2008/9/5 Andy Smith <andy at lug.org.uk>
>> > Thanks for your support of this free service.
>> >
>> > Andy

Andy,
I believe that Karl Buckland was referring to the whole situation
being ridiculous and not the free service lug.org.uk has been
providing.  We all know it is provided for free to us via support from
companies and a few individuals.  We also all know people have their
own day jobs and administrator lug.org.uk in their spare time.
I believe we as a group have been very patient while a solution to the
lug.org.uk hacking is put it place.  We are of course free to openly
discuss other options for our website.

Also I question why you feel the need to post argumentative comments
on our mailing list.  You are an irregular poster and you have posted
comments to stir us up in the past.  Our list operates very nicely, we
have a very active IRC, friendly meetings and a great social network
around KLUG and your appearance always seems to upset that balance.

I can only assume you are having a bad Friday.

>> I don't mean to be rude
>
> Yes you do, and from you it is expected.

This is WAY out of line!  And really annoys me. This again points to
your previous comments in emails to stir up this list. I hope you
email Karl Buckland off list and apologize.

> Several volunteers including myself have put a lot of time into
> getting the mailing lists and people's hosting back up, and most
> people have been grateful, which is appreciated.

We are grateful for all the work the volunteers have done.  Sorry if
it does not show.

> If you want someone to bitch at, provide the service yourself or
> pay someone to do so.

This is something we may discuss at our next meeting.

> End of thread from me.

Pleased to hear it.  If we hear from you again, please make it a
constructive and supportive comment.

Colin