[Klug-general] hardware inventory

Mike Evans mike at tandem.f9.co.uk
Thu Apr 2 14:33:33 UTC 2009

danattwood wrote:

> for years i've used a horizontal filing system which i have found to be
> highly effective - I have yet to find anyone who agrees with me though

Dan's solution has been known to work under certain circumstances.  The
main issue is that as a minumum it requires an amount of carpet
proportional to the number of items stored.  It is however' very
inefficient in this mode and will generally only work if you have an
amount of carpet proportional to the square of the number of items stored.

In order to operate in 'Partner No Whingeing Mode' you require an area
of carpet proportional to the cube of the number of items stored plus a
  overhead for dining out.

Mike