[Klug-general] Ubuntu installation woe

Oliver Marks Oliver.Marks at homedics.co.uk
Tue Apr 7 13:44:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 13:16 +0000, Alex Layfield wrote:
> Freezes as soon as I select install from cd's boot screen after I've chosen 'English'...
to get ubuntu installed on this machine i had to add noapic acpi=off to
the boot parameters, when your at the menu about to choose install you
can hit one of the f keys to add the options in, there listed at bottom
of the screen can not remember off top of my head, but when you get the
correct options you will be able to append those options and then try
and boot.

thats only thing i can think of and is quite a common problem people
encounter.