[Klug-general] [Klug-General] Saturday 25th April Ashford Meeting

rich-ayres at tiscali.co.uk rich-ayres at tiscali.co.uk
Tue Apr 7 15:05:14 UTC 2009

----Original Message----

From: binarysignal at gmail.com

Date: 06/04/2009 21:40

To: "Kent Linux User Group - General Topics"<kent at mailman.lug.org.uk>

Subj: [Klug-general] [Klug-General] Saturday 25th April Ashford Meeting
           Rich

Look Forward to it- On my Doorstep (or at least my Partner's)

Hi all.
For our next meeting on Saturday 25th April we will be meeting in Ashford.
Thanks to Spode we have access to the 'Ashford Youth Theatre' which is directly opposite

the Ashford Train Station (domestic not the Eurostar International one).

For SATNAV users the address should be;

Station Road

Ashford

Kent

TN23 1EZ

There is meter parking at the station and next to the Theatre, which maybe a little cheaper.

As for 'TechTalks' hopefully Paul is still ok to do his MythTV talk and others will come forward and offer some additional 'user space' themed talks.

I think our last meeting in Maidstone proved that even demoing something as potentially simple to some like organising images, or setting up 3G can be very interesting to others.  Therefore we (as a group) would like to focus on more 'user' based talks, which should encourage more new members to join and help people which to Linux.  [I was about to type Ubuntu there, but remembered there are other distros :-P]

Let me know your thoughts on this and if you plan to come to the Ashford meeting.  Hopefully it will be a good one.

Colin

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/security - The UK Government proposes to monitor your Facebook, MySpace, Bebo and Twitter communication.   How and why?___________________________________________________