[Klug-general] Print problem with xfig

Mike Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Tue Apr 14 09:39:17 UTC 2009

Good morning all,

A colleague and I are preparing a book for publication. He is the author
and wants to use xfig under Linux to add some diagrams.

We use Mandriva 2008 and found the gui package available to install
directly from the distro. No problems there.

His first xfig.fig trial drawing is attached. His system prints it OK
but won't export it - just lists errors.

But on my system I can export it OK to several formats (not tried them
all) but when I ask it to print on either of my printers if comes out blank.

We are baffled, anyone any relevant experience and advice about xfig?
'twould help a lot. Ta.

MikeR
in Folkestone