[Klug-general] Print problem with xfig

Margot margot at lawrence1961.f9.co.uk
Tue Apr 14 10:58:00 UTC 2009

Mike Rentell wrote:
> Good morning all,
>
> A colleague and I are preparing a book for publication. He is the author
> and wants to use xfig under Linux to add some diagrams.
>
> We use Mandriva 2008 and found the gui package available to install
> directly from the distro. No problems there.
>
> His first xfig.fig trial drawing is attached. His system prints it OK
> but won't export it - just lists errors.
>
> But on my system I can export it OK to several formats (not tried them
> all) but when I ask it to print on either of my printers if comes out
> blank.
>
> We are baffled, anyone any relevant experience and advice about xfig?
> 'twould help a lot. Ta.
>
> MikeR
> in Folkestone

Never used xfig before, but installed it just to try to help you.

I'm using Mandriva 2008.1 and xfig-3.2.5-4mdv2008.1.i586.rpm from
the Mandriva CD.

Your colleague's drawing prints without any problems on my Epson DX8400.

I tried exporting the file, and got an error message when exporting
to /home/margot/tmp but it worked fine when exporting to
/home/margot so maybe your colleague should try changing the
directory to which he is trying to export the file.

--
Margot