[Klug-general] Moniters

Peter Childs peterachilds at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 07:20:51 UTC 2009

2009/8/26 Alex Layfield <alex at alexlayfield.force9.co.uk>:
> I had a problem with monitors recently. Couldn't get the full range of resolutions to work...
>
> Windows drivers :-p use the BIOS to get their resolution list, which is rather odd.
>
> Linux drivers, however, don't. So ur answer doesn't lay down that path.

Some Linux Drivers can and do, (read ddc) but it does not help as they
can all send back different stuff and different cards understand it
differently.

I find reading the Xorg.0.log (usually found in /var/log) file helps a
lot in working out what is available, if you leave it out any settings
in the config the "best" (for that particular monitor/graphics card)
should be used but this is not what I need. I want want the same
everywhere. But so that Circles are circular (ish).

Peter.