[Klug-general] kentlug.org down?

Peter Childs PChilds at bcs.org.uk
Mon Dec 14 13:47:13 UTC 2009

2009/12/14 J D Freeman <klug at quixotic.org.uk>:

> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 12:49:52PM +0000, J D Freeman wrote:
>>
>> The vm is now back up with 256 meg of ram. You may want to rejig the
>> apache conf for the larger ram.
>>

> On boot we get:
>
> Starting MySQL database server: mysqld . . . . . . . . . . . . . . failed!
>
> Sounds like it needs poking.

Did I not remember you saying at a meeting ages ago, to avoid MySql if
at all possible as it was a memory hog and to use PostgreSQL if
possible? Or maybe a was dreaming (it was a while ago now)

Anyway I would never trust any data to MySQL because I can be sure of
losing it sooner or later. (I say I can because I'm sure it must work
fine for someone else who I'm not sure)

Peter.