[Klug-general] Wireless Adapter

Rich klug-mail at richayres2.plus.com
Mon Dec 28 15:03:09 UTC 2009

Hello all
	A Happy New Year to each.
I have been trying to install a G USB Belkin Wireless adapter( Have not
got the model no. so if needed I would have to make a trip from
Woodchurch to Kennington to get it).
 Versionis Ubuntu 8.04.3. I determined that the required driver for that
chipset was rt73. I found a web page detailing installation. I duly
compiled and installed the driver. System still did not recognise the
adapter and worse the Windows XP, which formally worked fine (except for
the odd autorepair) now does not recognise the adapter either. I
unfortunately did not bookmark the page where I got the instructions
(Silly I know but I am getting a bit doddery)
	What is really sad is, that my partner, whose machine it is, was just
warming to Linux, but now, who knows what psychological damage has been
done?
		R.