[Klug-general] Mini-ITX Computers

Mike mike at csits.net
Sat Jan 3 15:44:29 UTC 2009

On Sat, Jan 03, 2009 at 09:59:22AM +0000, Peter Childs wrote:

> I'm thinking of putting together some Mini-ITX machines, Nice small
> machines that just work, To run linux. There seam to be numerous
> around these days, Does anyone have any experience of the large range
> available these days, or even where I can read some reviews.....
>
> I'm thinking of Net booting them, I'm presuming most ITX network cards
> have PXE as standard these days, But I've got so many machines without
> PXE thought I'd better check...
>
> Peter.

There's a shed load.  You can buy from:

http://www.linitx.com.  I've used these guys before.  Very switched on
and very helpful if you call them up.  No IVR b*****s you just speak to
the guy who runs it.

http://www.mini-itx.com These guys seems to stock everything.  I've also
used them in the past.

I can't really advise on the massive range but miniITX should show you
the whole range and linitx will be able to answer any questions you
have.

All the ones that I have support PXE.  In fact they go to great lenghs
to book off PXE!

Didn't someone at KLUG mention a while back that they knew of a company
that made blade centre style cases for miniITX boards?

Mike.