[Klug-general] MQSQL to MYSQL

oly at digitaloctave.com oly at digitaloctave.com
Mon Jan 5 16:54:05 UTC 2009

  BODY { font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px; }
 On Mon  5/01/09  3:23 PM , "Dan Attwood" danattwood at googlemail.com
sent:
 Hi all this is a bit of a long shot but never ventrued...
 We have an enterpise system here built on MSSQL and a new website
beng built that uses phpbb for its forums running on MYSQL.
 We need to use phpbb as we need to tie the forums into several
different websites.
 We tryign to set it up that changes can be made in the MSSQL
database - adding new users etc and then these changes be passed into
the MYSQL server.
 Wer'e using mysql odbc 5 and we can set up a linked server in MSSQL
enterprise manager, we can see the MYSQL tables and we can run
queries that pull the data out of the tables. We can't however get
the quries to write data back into the MYSQL tables.
 Does anyone have an ideas or experience in doing this?
 Well the simple option would be to create a sync job, there is
actually a mysql tool for transfering data from one database to
another it may sync as well, else i would create a script to select
new entries on one database and insert them / update them on the
other.
 I do something similar i wrote something in python which uses
freetds to connect to mssql select new records which all have a time
stamp on them, then runs an insert or update on the mysql database.
 I dont use MSSQL enterprise manager at all for this and dont really
know much about it, i just use python to access and run sql
statements on mssql.
 perhpaps some one else has some other ideas.