[Klug-general] Re-registration for kentlug.org

Colin McCarthy binarysignal at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 20:56:25 UTC 2009

2009/1/12 Mike Evans <mike at tandem.f9.co.uk>:

> Martin A. Brooks wrote:
>

>> Perhaps you missed the email, but I volunteered to cover the entire cost.
>>
> Martin,
>
> Thank you for your kind offer.  There was some discussion on IRC
> following your original post and several people stated that they felt it
> was better if the group split the cost amongst those who could afford
> it.  This would get us away from the current state of affairs, where I
> effectively own the domain personally.
>
> Because we are renewing for a fairly long period I shall ensure that
> several people in the group have the access details to the 123reg
> account so that in the event of my demise, incapacity or simply loosing
> interest, someone else can administer the domain details.
>
> Regards,
> Mike

I agree with Mike, Richard and the IRC discussion.
It is a very nice offer Martin and one we appreciate, however it is
probably best to have the registration details known to a number of
active group members.
Single points of contact or failure are never a good idea.

It's great that so many are helping that we don't have to worry about
the domain for a long time.

Colin