[Klug-general] Administration software for schools

George Prowse george.prowse at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 01:33:18 UTC 2009

Stuart Brand wrote:
> Well there's a simple answer that, don't use it :)

I think that was the whole point of his response - they *have* to. It is
no different to any other industry with things like Sage, Word, Excel
and IIS all being forced upon people as an expensive and often inferior
industry standard.

Take my girlfriend who is a vet from New Zealand, most clinics use
something like "vetcare" or something for their patient records and
detailed database but her current job decided they didn't want to pay
the exorbitant price so they created their own. The only problem is that
when new or locum surgeons come they have difficulty understanding it at
first.

George