[Klug-general] Administration software for schools

Karl Lattimer karl at qdh.org.uk
Fri Jan 23 15:31:46 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-01-23 at 15:18 +0000, George Prowse wrote:
> Mike Rentell wrote:
> > Well, I tried ledgersmb, downloaded it and descended into dependency hell.
> >
> > The package requires Perl (got that), PostgreSQL (installed that) Apache
> > (installed that) but it failed on perl-Smart-Comments. Downloaded that
> > but that failed installation due to missing perl-base >=2.5.10.0.
> > However I have already got perl-base version 5.8.8-12.2 on board.
> >
> Oooh, let me guess. You're using a rpm based distro?!?!

I doubt that has anything to do with it... Sounds to me like a package
built for opensuse that someone is trying to use on fedora. RPM is a
system of packaging which can work on various organisations of
distributions, unlike deb which tends to only really work on a debian
style organisation...
--
Best Regards,
 Karl Lattimer