[Klug-general] Administration software for schools

Mike Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 23 15:32:21 UTC 2009

Yup. Mandriva 2008.1. It is fine for what I need to do but as it is rpm
based there can be problems like today.

I might try and put Debian Lenny (64-bit) in when it arrives certified
ready to go (not the beta version currently around). That will help the
dependency problems but then some of the video stuff probably won't
work. Ho hum

Please don't advise me to get Ubuntu. Been there, done that several
times, it ain't for me on a number of counts.

Looks like shall have to stay with Sage accounting under WinXP on
VirtualBox. That all seems to work faultlessly.

MikeR