[Klug-general] Problems with Ledger SMB

Mike Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Tue Jan 27 17:15:17 UTC 2009

J D Freeman wrote:

Progress! I have carefully read the installation instructions for
LedgerSMB and it says that they are written for Debian 4.0. So I
reinstated that on my VBox. Then I followed the instructions most
diligently and all seemed to progress very well. However, I haven't the
least clue what I am doing.

On page 8 of the (printed out) instructions it says:

Ledger-SMB comes with a little script to automatically configure Apache.
Let's run it now:

cd /usr/local/ledgersmb/
sh configure_apache.sh

You will be asked two questions:

Which user does your web server run as

Where do we copy the ledgersmb-httpd.conf file to

Restart Apache afterwards:

/etc/init.d/apache2 restart

etc..etc

The instructions are very precise up to this point so I am mightily
confused by these two questions. The preferred or suggested responses
are not given.

Any ideas?  Still baffled.. but progressing.

Ta.

MikeR