[Klug-general] Problems with Ledger SMB

Mike Rentell michael.rentell at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 28 09:30:34 UTC 2009

Laurence Southon wrote:
> Mike Rentell wrote:
>
>> You will be asked two questions:

>> Which user does your web server run as
>
>> Where do we copy the ledgersmb-httpd.conf file to
>
> Assuming you have apache2 installed:
>
> On debian the default Apache2 user is www-data
>
> The conf file goes in /etc/apache2/conf.d/
>
> Apache2 is setup such that any files in conf.d are included in the
> configuration. It's easier for maintenance than everything in one huge
> conf file.
>
> Regards,
>
> LS
That is exactly the answer I was hoping to get Laurence, thank you very
much.

After a night's sleep and some thought over breakfast this morning I
decided to consult the installation instructions again and lo and behold
those exact words are actually visible when viewed on screen - but in
red. I had printed it out on a b&w laser printer and the colours had
been ignored so it seemed that the questions were asked but not
answered. Hence my waaaagh! bleating to the KLUG.

Now I can proceed until the next hiccup.

Thus are the ignorant beset.

What an excellent group this is - and so tolerant of idiots too.

MikeR